Terms of Service
Congratulations, you're reading our Terms of Service, which is really just a fancy way of saying "legal disclaimer." We thought about posting lots of paragraphs of legal-ese with sub-paragraphs and tiny Roman numerals, but then we decided, hey, if someone's actually reading this, they ought to enjoy it. So even if the tone of our Terms of Service isn't terribly formal, please know that we take them seriously.
The content on this site is intended for information, education, personal entertainment, and mind expansion. If you love something we've written or a picture we've posted, please feel free to download it, but only for non-commercial personal use. If you see something marked "copyright," proceed with caution, or we might have to get really intimidating and involve lawyers.
More specifically, here are our site rules:
- By visiting CarSeek.com, you are agreeing to abide by our terms of service. Our house, our rules.
- Our writers work really hard on our articles and reviews, and those are all under copyright, so don't touch them. (Yeah, we know, we mentioned that before, but it bears repeating). In fact, we recommend that you just assume everything is copyrighted; it's easier that way.
- Unless we give you written permission, don't modify, share, transmit, re-post, re-use, recycle, fold, spindle, or mutilate any of our content, including text, images, audio or video.
- We try to keep everything clean and correct 100% of the time, but perfection is a statistical impossibility. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on this site, or for any damages that may result from visiting it. We're also not responsible if you blow your entire retirement savings on that hot sports car you just HAD to have.
- Some of our pages allow user comments. We're not responsible for the content, accuracy, relevance or usefulness of those comments. Those comments express the views of the people who posted them, and are not necessarily representative of the views of CarSeek.com.
- When posting comments, you agree not to post anything which you know to be false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of another person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of the laws of the state of California, the United States of America, or other applicable laws.
- If you're reading the comments and find something to be objectionable, we want to know about it, so email us right away, and explain your issue with what you read. We have the ability to remove such comments, but the catch is that we have to agree that they are objectionable. (We'll make every effort to review objections and respond to them in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Remember that copyright thing? Well, if you're posting a comment, you also agree not to post any copyrighted material that isn't owned by you or this site.
- We're allowed to alter these terms of service, or any of the other content on this site at will. When we change our terms, we'll let you know via this page, but you'll still have to abide by our terms.